Pharmacology: science focused on the study of medicines
What is Pharmacology
Pharmacology is a science that studies the production, composition and effects of chemicals (medicines, for example) on the body of humans.
Main objectives of pharmacology:
- medicinal properties of certain chemicals (drugs, medicines);
- physical and chemical composition of drugs;
- absorption of drugs by the body;
- action of drugs to combat certain diseases;
- effects of associations between different remedies;
- excretion of medicines by the body;
- The professional who works in this area is called a pharmacist or pharmacologist.